Microsoft has officially launched two new PowerPoint 2016 design features that will raise your presentations to a new level of sophistication – in just a few seconds. These intelligent tools, called Designer and Morph, can go a long way toward making your slides more dynamic and engaging.
How Morph and Designer Work
Morph is an new transition tool that creates cinematic motion between your slides. To see for yourself how this feature works, run through these steps:
- Duplicate the slide you want to morph.
- On the duplicate slide (which will come after the original in your final deck), move the objects according to the animated transition you’ve envisioned.
- Go to Transitions, click the Morph button, and you’re done!
Built in collaboration with professional graphic designers, PowerPoint Designer automatically provides multiple layout options that complement the photos you use in your presentation. Here’s how it works:
- Insert a photo into a slide.
- Wait for Designer to automatically generate a list of options on the right side of your screen.
- Choose the option you want, and you’re done!
Designer can detect whether the image you inserted is photographic or not. This means that if you insert a chart, Designer will not crop or frame it in the same way it would for, say, natural scenes or landscapes. Instead it will choose, from among more than 12,000 creative blueprints, the best layout to emphasize your important data.
Both tools are currently available only to Office 365 subscribers using PowerPoint 2016 for Windows Desktop and Windows Mobile. They will be rolled out to other platforms in the coming months.