Presenters have different preferences in designing visual aids. Some favor animated clips, some prefer customized icons, and some opt for stock photography.
If you belong to the third group, you are fortunate to have plenty of resources. With the number of websites offering free or paid high-quality stock photos, you can easily find images that emphasize your message.
How to choose the right photos
1. Select images that appear candid and authentic. Photos should look genuine and natural – avoid shots that look posed or fake.
2. Choose photos that are relevant to your message. For example, the photo below could be a great cover slide for a presentation about serenity.
3. Use photos that fit your audience. The photo below might be a good choice for a presentation to startup enthusiasts.
Where to write the text
1. Look for open space.
2. Use blurred areas for your copy.
3. Some textures can work well as backgrounds.
How to make the text more readable
1. Blur or make the background image lighter.
2. Put the text in a shape.
3. Use a color cast over the background image.
Do you have other tips on how to use stock photos for your presentations? Please share them in the comments below!